True Luxury



As Cát Tiên fell asleep for her 10 AM nap, a load of whites was finishing in the washing machine. While she slept, I took about 20 minutes to hang everything up on the lines on our rooftop deck. The dryer hasn't been used since the end of June.

My new "boss" is a 10-month old baby. She's the most loving, fun, and joyous companion I could wish for.

Before this, my real boss was our two incomes.

Now, I can do dishes by hand. I can hang laundry. Christina always said hanging laundry was one of those things that we could do to make a difference, but there was never time. I can clean the house and cook a meal. I can take care of my daughter, and appreciate the gift my beautiful wife gave me.

I'm so grateful to Christina for thinking of this arrangement.

Comments

  1. Hi Lou,

    I was helping Christina with her Mac that needed the new hard drive and she pointed me to your blog.

    I'm glad to see that you are enjoying being home with your daughter. It is rather remarkable all the things that can be accomplished and how simply one can live without all the modern "necessities".

    Take care!

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anh Luu,

    Cat Tien is so cute, too bad that I haven't met her yet! :-( And I totally agree with Christina about hanging laundry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts