Passage of Health Care Reform

Welcome to my yearly political post. One year + one day since I last posted anything "political," and that was a just a silly Presidential appearance on the Tonight Show.

Like most fair-weather type of politically-involved citizens, I'm too impatient and emotional (I suspect I also read too much punditry). I guess that's why we live in a representative democracy and not a direct-democracy. In fact, just Friday night, I was fussing and telling Christina I might vote for someone more competent in 2012! Christina, to her credit, was steadfast.

But, boy! Great feeling today! How hopeful to have a decent person wielding the power of the Presidency. I wrote this two years ago, and it seems relevant to today and a good reminder to me of why to trust this President:
A Barack Obama Presidency will have characteristics novel to power, such as honesty, reflection and tolerance. I speculate it will be a very close win because of the unsettling nature of race in our national discourse, and the conditioned expectations we have of a traditional Presidency. But, as we know, our country doesn't change overnight. A close win is still a win.
Fair-weather I might be, but I'll be out knocking on doors for his re-election in 2012!

Comments

  1. Take Cat-Tien along when you go knocking door-to-door, you will be able to convince more people :-). What a great change!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts